A B O U T U S
The contents of this page are:
- ABOUT FRONT RANGE PC USERS GROUP
- A SUMMARY OF THE RESOURCES WE OFFER
- A GLANCE AT OUR PAST
- TALK TO US
ABOUT FRONT RANGE PC USERS GROUP
FRPCUG is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, incorporated in the State of Colorado and open to anyone interested in personal computers using any operating system: Windows, Linux or MAC, and digital hardware (such as music/video players, smart phones, etc.).
Annual dues are $25 for individual/family membership ($20 for students) and $50 for corporate/group membership.
Provide an informal learning environment where new computer users, together with other members, can improve their knowledge of, and skills with, their computers and other digital hardware.
A SUMMARY OF THE RESOURCES WE OFFER
- General Meetings
- Presentations prepared for the general public on digital technology. For example: computer hardware and software, smart phones, music players, other gadgets, and many more.
- Sample past presentations:
- Backup Techniques and Tools
- How to Create Mailing Labels
- How to Burn CDs and DVDs
- For more information, connect to the MEETING TOPICS page.
- A typical meeting agenda:
- Welcome and introduction of visitors
- Open Forum—for individual questions
- The presentation (about 1 hour)
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Groups that focus on one topic, such as digital photography.
- For more information, connect to the SIG ACTIVITIES page.
- Classes on computer topics
- Provided through a partnership with the Fort Collins Senior Center.
- For more information, connect to the SENIOR CENTER CLASS SCHEDULE page.
- Free help sessions
- Saturday Morning "Shop Talk"
- For more information, connect to the SHOP TALK page.
A GLANCE AT OUR PAST:
During the last 30 plus years, technical developments, continued expansion of the uses of computers, and the development of computer interfaces with other machines have all experienced exponential growth.
The Front Range PC Users Group (FRPCUG) came about as an amalgam of Apple and MacIntosh users, a Heathkit users group (led by Charles McJilton), a Kaypro group, a CP/M users group, an IBM PC users group (led by Dave Trump), a Compaq users group, the Front Range Atari Users Group (FRAUG), and a MIDI Users Group, all operating in the '70s and early '80s. The blending of memberships became a necessity for some of these groups as the basic systems forming the foundation of their groups became dated and no longer supported.
TALK TO US
If you are not yet a member and are reading this page, please explore the many resources offered in this website. You are invited to attend any of the FRPCUG meetings. They are open to the public at no charge. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments to offer, bring them to a meeting or send them to us using the CONTACT US link at the bottom left of this page.
The Bylaws of the Front Range PC Users Group, originally published in 1992, were revised in 2009. To view the current Bylaws, click on Revised Bylaws.